Sausage, Egg and Sriracha
8 oz Ground Sausage
4 Eggs (3 for filling and 1 for Egg Wash)
1 Tbsp Milk
1 cup shredded Mild Cheddar Cheese
1 Tbsp Sriracha Sauce
2 Pie Crusts (see note at the bottom)
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Cook the Sausage over a little less than medium heat, stirring often, until cooked through. Set aside on a paper towel.
3. Whisk 3 Eggs and the Milk and scramble in the same pan over medium-low heat.
4. Combine Scrambled Eggs, Cheese, Sausage and Sriracha Sauce in a medium bowl.
5. Roll out the Pie Crusts and using a large rimmed cup or cookie cutter, cut circles out of the dough (about 4 inches across).
6. Put about a Tbsp of filling in the center of each dough circle. Fold in half and press the dough on the outer edges to seal.
7. Transfer to a greased cookie sheet and brush with the Egg wash.
8. Bake for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.
*Note: Try to find pie crust that comes in a box, rolled up. It works better than the crust that is already in pan form. You should be able to get 6-7 dough circles out of each crust. Use a rolling pin to form the scraps into flat dough.
You might have some of the filling left over. If you do, it is excellent on a grilled cheese sandwich (with extra cheese of course). It would probably also be delicious mixed into crispy hash browns.
So happy workdays, friends! I hope this recipe works for you as a filling, grab-and-go breakfast.