Throughout my growing-up years, I remember my mom always made Zucchini Boats. Now as a mom myself, I'm so thankful that my kids enjoy this simple and healthy dish.
I decided I wanted to add something extra to my Boats this time.
Surely there can never be enough cheese in a cheesy dish, right?The lovely blend of Aged White Cheddar and Gruyere cheeses makes this classic an even more mouth-watering treat.
4 Large Zucchinis (uniform in size)
Heaping 1/2 cup each of: Cottage Cheese
Shredded Aged White Cheddar
sprinkling of Nutmeg
sprinkling of Garlic Powder
handful of fresh Oregano
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and bring water (enough to cover all zucchinis) to a boil in a large pot.
2. Add Zucchinis to boiling water and boil for 8 minutes.
3. Transfer Zucchinis to a cutting board and slice in half longways.
4. Using a serrated spoon, remove the soft white insides, leaving a nice rim on the edges.
5. Place Zucchini shells on a greased casserole dish and use a paper towels to soak up some of the moisture from them.
6. Chop the Zucchini insides and pat with a paper towel to soak up some of the moisture. Put into a large bowl with all the other ingredients.
7. Stir well to combine.
8. Fill each Zucchini shell with filling and bake for 20 minutes.
9. Change the oven setting to Low Broil and broil for 8-10 more minutes, or until cheese gets bubbly and golden brown.
10. Top with fresh Oregano and serve immediately.