Search This Blog

Loading...

Thursday, March 17, 2016

Matcha Crepes with Nutella Granache




When you hear the word "crepe", you might think of French food.  This recipe is relevant to St. Patrick's Day to me because I actually had Nutella Crepes in Dublin, Ireland.  I added Matcha to make it the right color for the holiday!





Nutella Granache



Recipe:

1 cup Nutella
1/4 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
Instructions:
Bring the cream to a boil in a small sauce pot.  This won't take long...stay nearby and add the Nutella as soon as it boils.  Whisk the cream and Nutella until it is well combined and smooth.  Set aside.


For the Crepes:
I wanted this recipe to turn out right, so I went by this one I located on Pinterest:
http://innocentdelight.com/perfect-french-crepes/
The only thing I did differently was add 1 Tbsp Matcha.  I put all ingredients in the blender and blended until smooth.  I made sure to pour the dough into the cast iron skillet in a very thin layer.

Don't have any Matcha?  Just add a drop or two of green food coloring!  But if you're interested in purchasing Matcha for yourself, here's the link to my favorite brand on Amazon:




Happy St. Patrick's Day friends!  Don't forget to wear green so you don't get pinched!  Or just make these green crepes with Nutella Granache for everyone.  That's another way to avoid the pinch!  :)