Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Sauce Verde


It hurts my heart so much when there is a surplus of fresh herbs in the fridge (leftover from other recipes) that get forgotten about and go bad.  I had a variety of herbs this week and wanted to prevent that from happening.  


Cilantro, Oregano, Parsley and Dill.


I am a fan of Donna Hay's recipes.  If you're not familiar with her, look her up.  She is the Aussie version of our Martha Stewart.  She has a recipe called "Salsa Verde" that I have made and loved before.  I was also inspired by Chimichurri Sauce, which I recently made as a marinade and dip.

To prevent sad herbal waste this week, I invented a cross between Salsa Verde and Chimichurri Sauce.  I call it Sauce Verde!  I will share the way I did it, but the recipe can vary depending on what you like or what you have on hand.


Sauce Verde

Recipe:

a heaping 1/4 cup of 3-4 fresh herbs (I used Oregano, Cilantro, Parsley and Dill)
2-3 cloves Garlic
1 heaping tsp Capers
1 Shallot (or 1/4 Red Onion)
1/2 cup Olive Oil
splash of Lemon Juice
Salt and Pepper to taste
Instructions: Blend all ingredients in the food processor until smooth.



This week, I served my Sauce Verde as a dip for Roasted Jerusalem Artichokes.










No comments:

Post a Comment