I am always experimenting with flavors that my family and I enjoy. Sometimes a new recipe is worth writing and sometimes it's a flop. Today's Indian Pizza is something worth sharing! I used Mango Chutney as sauce, Chicken cooked in Curry Powder and Ginger, Cilantro and Cole Slaw mix. As it turns out, this is a winning combination!
1 Pizza Crust
1 jar Mango Chutney
1 Chicken Breast
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Tbsp Curry Powder
1 tsp Ground Ginger
1 heaping cup Cole Slaw Mix
1 package Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
sprinkling of Garlic Powder
handful Fresh Cilantro
sprinkling of Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
1. Cook the Chicken over medium heat, in the Olive Oil, Curry Powder and Ginger. Shred when cooked through and set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees, roll the Pizza Dough out on a pizza stone and bake for 10 minutes before adding toppings. *Note: This can be either a homemade crust or a store-bought dough.
3. To assemble the pizza: Spread Mango Chutney on the dough (as much as you like...I didn't use the whole jar because I think less goes a long way). Next add the shredded Chicken, Cole Slaw Mix and Cheese. Sprinkle Garlic Powder on top.
4. Slide back into the oven and bake until cheese bubbles and turns golden brown (about 20 minutes).
5. Right after you take it out of the oven, top with fresh Cilantro and Crushed Red Pepper.
6. Slice, serve, enjoy!
The spicy sweetness of the chutney blends well with the warmth of the curry and freshness of the cilantro. In my opinion, crushed red pepper flakes add a nice dimension to any pizza or flatbread. I served my Indian Pizza with fresh Cucumber on the side for a coolness to balance out the warm spiciness of the pizza. Try this recipe soon!