I've always been a fan of the Food Network chef, Giada de Laurentiis. I so enjoy watching her show and cooking her recipes. She makes things so approachable. One of my favorites is her Chocolate Ravioli...a delightful, if sinful Nutella treat.
Here is the link to her recipe: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/chocolate-hazelnut-ravioli-recipe.html
Okay, her's look beautiful and mine look okay. But once you taste it, you won't care how it looks!
You only need a few things for this simple recipe:
a small Saucepan
a bit of Powdered Sugar
1. Lay out Wonton wrappers individually (i did 5 tonight). Dip your finger in some water and moisten one corner.
2. Put a small spoonful of Nutella in the center. Fold the wrapper over and seal, so that it forms a triangle shape.
3. Pour 1 1/4 cup of Vegetable Oil into the saucepan and heat over medium-high heat.
4. Add the Ravioli, 2 at a time and watch until they turn brown. Remove with a slotted spoon.
Don't you love strainer spoons??
5. Place on a plate lined with a paper towel.
6. If you/re super cool and have a vintage flour sifter, grab it. If not, use a regular small-net strainer...place a handful of Powder Sugar inside and sift the powdery goodness over the top of the raviolis.
7. Enjoy and try not to feel too guilty afterward!
As you can see, this is definitely not a healthy recipe. Ha! Understatement much? I've been known to give American Heart Association recommendations on my blog before. But tonight, let's just eat (Chocolate Ravioli), drink (Milk) and be merry!