Search This Blog

Monday, January 2, 2017

Moroccan Meat Pie





There is a certain flavor blend that really inspires me.  An amalgamation of savory, sweet and exotic just really puts a dish over the top.  I kind of made this recipe up, based loosely on something my mother-in-law made.  The first time I prepared it, I did dumplings.  They would be perfect party food....(Link to recipe here).  Tonight, I made it in pie-form as dinner for my family.  It was quick and easy and a taste-bud pleaser for adults and kids.


Ingredients:
2 thawed pie crusts-thawed
a little over a lb. Ground Beef
1/2 Red Onion (chopped)
1 Clove Garlic (minced)
1 teaspoon Cumin
1 teaspoon Ground Ginger
1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
1 6 oz. can Tomato Paste
 6 oz. water
salt and pepper
1/2 cup Golden Raisins
1 Egg
Instructions:
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2.  While you are thawing the pie crusts, cook the beef (that is salt and peppered), onion and garlic until beef is browned.  Drain the grease off the meat and return to the pan.
3. Add the tomato paste, water, ginger, cumin and cinnamon.  Cook and stir until mixed well.
4.  Pour the meat mixture into a pie crust and cover with the second pie crust, smashing the edges together.
5.  Beat the egg in a bowl with a little water and brush the top crust with the egg wash.
6.  Bake until the crust is flaky and golden brown, 15-20 minutes.




I've been a little MIA from my blog lately.  There's a good reason for that and here she is:



We are over the moon about our sweet Phoebe!  She is a precious blessing.  I'm also ready to get back into cooking and blogging.  I'm always looking for inspiration and new recipes to try, in the hopes of inspiring you.  So tell your friends about 1cookingchick, because I'm back!

No comments:

Post a Comment