I wanted a quick but tasty lunch for my family today. I had some Naan from Aldi that needed to be eaten. Naan is the Indian version of Pita Bread. I keep it on hand because it's so good just to throw in the oven with garlic powder and a bit of butter, to serve with curries. Or you can do gyros or wraps with it.
You know I always like getting a little creative when I'm cooking. Today's result was delicious!
Zucchini Feta Flatbreads
with Honey Drizzle and Crushed Red Pepper
2 pieces of Naan or Pita Bread
1 small Zucchini
Red Onion Slices (however much you want)
1 container of Feta Cheese
about 1 and 1/2 cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
2 tablespoons Heavy Cream
Crushed Red Pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and slice the Zucchini into very thin slices.
2. Place the bread on a cookie sheet and top with 1 layer or Zucchini.
3. Add the Red Onion.
4. This is a sauceless flatbread...but I have a secret for making you believe there is sauce on it! ;) In a small bowl, mix the Feta Cheese and about 1/2 cup of Shredded Mozzarella with 2 tablespoons of Heavy Whipping Cream. Ooh la la!
5. Top the flatbreads with the cheese/cream mixture and the rest of the Mozzarella Cheese.
6. Bake for 15 minutes. Then High Broil for about 3-5 minutes (watch it and take it out when it starts to brown).
7. Top with Honey Drizzle and Red Pepper, slice and serve. Yum!!
Print this recipe: Zucchini Feta Flatbreads