Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Make Weeknight Suppers Splendid!

We shoot Webs at boring weeknight meals!


I get really excited about cooking really exciting recipes!...like Whole Fish Cooked in Sea Salt (1cookingchick MediterrItalian Night) and other crazy things like that.  But what about regular old Tuesday nights when I just need to feed my family?  Today I want to share a few ideas with you that make me moderately excited about cooking.  Here they are, straight from a Monday, Tuesday or etc night...

Thai Chicken Pizza
This might sound hard to make, but it's really not.  Our local Publix has ready-made pizza crust dough in the bakery section.  I just grabbed a couple of those, rolled them out and piled the ingredients on top.  I remembered having this pizza at a couple restaurants at  some point in my life...so I searched the recipe on Pinterest.  
Here is the one I use:  Thai Chicken Pizza
*Note: It always helps to bake the pizza crust for about ten minutes before you add the toppings.  This just helps the middle get done.  Also, be sure to slice the Zucchini super thin.



Roasted Chicken Thighs with Sweet Potatoes and Red Onion
I discovered this recipe on Eatingwell.com a couple years ago.  It is SO simple!  It is great for a busy weeknight!  I use Course Grain Dijon Mustard, because it just adds something to it.  The flavors of the marinade are delicious together!  I add a little fresh lemon juice as well.




Salisbury Steak with Mushroom Gravy and Parmesan Zucchini Mash
My husband and kids LOVE this recipe!  My kids eat their serving and then ask for "more cow".  Haha!  What can I say, my family members are Cow-Eating Fools!  Yum!  
Here is the recipe for the Salisbury Steak: Salisbury Steak with Mushroom Gravy

The recipe calls for you to serve over mashed potatoes.  I've mentioned several times on this blog that I have issues with beige foods.  I'm always looking for ways to add in color to my food.  So I made up a recipe for semi-green mashed potatoes.  Here it is:
Parmesan Zucchini Mash
5 small potatoes (peeled)
1 medium Zucchini (ends cut off)
1 whole clove Garlic 
1/4 cup Milk
1/4 cup Greek Yogurt
1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese
1 1/2 tablespoons Butter
Salt and Pepper
Fill a large pot about halfway with water and bring to a boil over high heat.  Add the potatoes and boiled for about 15 minutes.  Add the Zucchini and the whole clove of garlic.  Boil until the potatoes are tender and cutable (is that a word? able to cut through easily).  Transfer the potatoes, garlic and zucchini into a large food processor.  Blend with the milk, yogurt, cheese, butter and salt and pepper until smooth.  Serve immediately.  (If it loses warmth, transfer to microwavable bowl and heat until steaming)


I stole an idea from my friend Madison, when I was at her house.  She and her husband worked together to write out a list of weeknight meal ideas they enjoy, and magnetized it to their fridge.  My husband and I have our own running list.  It's not full because we are adding to it all the time.
The Elvis magnet is from my Granny's house (she was a big Elvis fan and this magnet reminds me of her).  Friends are always asking why I have an Elvis magnet on my fridge...no, I'm not an Elvis fanatic. :)  Our weeknight food list is underneath my daughter's artwork.  Hopefully some artistic inspiration will happen there. Ha!


Inspiration, that's what I'm always reaching for...for me and for you.  So let's try to make our week nights special, shall we?  Love to you, friends...and your weeknight dinner times!

No comments:

Post a Comment